The FISABIO-Public Health Sequencing and Bioinformatics Service provides counselling on the planning of studies, as well as the exploitation of massive sequencing data. Our mission is to help the user take full advantage of these technologies and withdraw as much information as possible from the sequencing data. We also offer different pipelines for the analyses, and guidance for the interpretation of results.
Complete genome sequencing
Complete genome resequencing
Small RNAs sequencing
FISABIO’s bioinformatics service offers standardized pipelines for the analysis of sequencing data. We also offer the possibility of writing ad hoc scripts and pipelines, elaborated specifically for the necessities of the users. These analyses include (but are not limited to):
- Bacterial taxonomic annotation (16s rDNA amplicon sequencing)
- Fungal taxonomic annotation (ITS amplicon sequencing)
- Diversity and comparative analysis of microbial and/or fungal communities (16S/ITS)
- Genome/transcriptome and metagenome/metatranscriptome assembly and annotation
- Variant calling in resequencing studies
- Comparative analysis between multiple genomes to define snps/indels profiles and differential genes, pangenomes
Taxonomic annotation demo
Taxonomic annotation and comparative analysis demo
Demo Metagenomics analysis
The FISABIO Sequencing and Bioinformatics Service offers counseling based on the experience acquired in its trajectory: from the first second generation sequencers (Roche FLX + 454), through the evolution of Illumina sequencers, to the new technologies of third generation (Oxford Nanopore Technologies and PacBio). The main aspects are:
- Support in the experimental design of research projects where massive sequencing and bioinformatics support is needed.
- Direction and management of start-up projects for new sequencing and bioinformatics laboratories.